What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a wonderful option for people who have lost teeth. Whether you have had a tooth knocked out from playing contact sports, suffer from periodontal disease or had a severe cavity that couldn’t be fixed with a filling, implants can help. At Afton Dental in Harrisburg, we can provide implants to patients with missing teeth. They are an excellent alternative to bridges and dentures that can make a huge difference in your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial root that can provide a strong foundation for a replacement tooth. Teeth that are used with implants are designed to match your own natural teeth, so nobody will even notice a difference. They are an excellent option for people who have missing teeth but who also have strong enough bone in their jaw to support implants.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
When asking the question of where there are dental implants near me, you must be a good candidate for the implants first and foremost. In general, to be considered a good candidate for implants, you should have good overall health. You should have gums and bone that are healthy and strong enough to support the implant. Those who are able to undergo oral surgery are considered good candidates. You must also regularly practice good oral hygiene.
Individuals who smoke or who have certain chronic medical conditions like heart disease or diabetes may not be good candidates for implants.
What Are the Benefits of the Dental Implants?
If you are considering treatment, you may ask yourself about dental implants near me. There are plenty of benefits you can enjoy from dental implants. They include the following:
- Better appearance: Implants are designed to fuse with the bone of your jaw, which makes them permanent. They also look and feel like your own natural teeth. They can improve your bite by correcting the problem of missing teeth and even make you look younger as a result.
- Better speech: Implants can help improve your speech. Unlike dentures, they can’t slip and cause your speech to slur.
- More comfortable: Implants are more comfortable and feel natural in your mouth.
- Better self-esteem: Your self-esteem is improved thanks to the better smile you have with implants.
- Better oral health: Implants cannot slip and don’t require other teeth to be pulled to accommodate them like a dental bridge. However, they provide support to surrounding teeth, which can significantly improve your oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are made to last for many years and can last your lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Implants are convenient and don’t require adhesives to stay in place like dentures.
How to Find Dental Implants Near Me
If you are in or near the Harrisburg area and believe you would benefit from a dental implant, contact Afton Dental for a consultation with Dr. Hill.