Tooth Colored fillings in Charlotte
A Guide to Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite fillings, are fillings that mimic the natural color of your teeth. A colored material can be made of composite resin or porcelain. They will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. This type of dental restoration is used to fill in small cavities, chips, and cracks on the surface of teeth and can be completed in just one visit with little or no pain. They are designed to last for 10-15 years and do not require any special care or attention when brushing and flossing. If you are looking for a place to get colored fillers for a perfect natural blending with your teeth, visit Afton Dental in Charlotte.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Dental colored fillers offer several benefits over traditional silver amalgam fillings, including:
- A more natural appearance
- Less sensitivity after the procedure
- No metallic taste or odor
- They may last longer than silver amalgam fillers
Tooth-Colored Fillings Aftercare
After Dr. Bryan Hill is done with the procedure, he'll give you some aftercare advice.
- It's normal to have some discomfort in the gum tissue surrounding the damaged tooth (or teeth).
- Don't hesitate to contact Dr. Hill if you notice any further pain or discomfort.
- Chew on the affected side of the mouth only after the anesthetic has worn off.
- Take your time with hot and cold meals and beverages as they may irritate your teeth.
- Start brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day right away.
- After the anesthetic wears off, pay attention to your bite. If you believe one of your fillers is causing you pain, you should contact Dr. Bryan Hill immediately.
Risks of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Colored fillings are a great alternative to traditional silver amalgam fillers. However, tooth-colored fillers may not be as durable and require more frequent repair than metallic counterparts. Furthermore, the cost of tooth-colored fillers is much higher than for traditional silver amalgams because they take so much longer to place and need to be made by hand instead of mass-produced in factories like metal crowns or por
celain veneers. Moreover, fillers can bring about complications, especially when the procedure is not done well. For instance, if a dentist does not use a high-quality product, you may experience problems such as deterioration over time and unsightly stains. Thus, be sure to get fillers only from reputable dentists such as Dr. Hill at Afton Dental to avoid such issues.
Best Fillings Provider
Whether you’re looking for the best dental-colored fillings provider in Charlotte or a dentist with expertise in dental procedures, Afton Dental is here to help. Dr. Hill is a well-trained and experienced professional who can diagnose any oral health issues that may be affecting your teeth or gums and safely add on tooth fillers for you. Contact us today and book your appointment with Afton Dental and enjoy the optimum benefits from our dental services.